BPW educational scholarships
About the BPW/Raleigh Scholarship
BPW/Raleigh Scholarships are provided to outstanding area students seeking to further their education, advance their careers, or re-enter the workforce. BPW/Raleigh Scholarship recipients will receive a monetary award in the amount of $2,000 (USD) toward their education. Scholarships apply toward tuition or other defined school expenses and will be paid to the school on the recipient’s behalf.
BPW/Raleigh Dr. Lois E. Frazier Scholarship | Mary E. Fox Scholarship
Applications are now CLOSED. Deadline was March 15, 2013.
Scholarship applicants are evaluated based on application materials and demonstration of:
- Completed application (essay, short answers, reference & scholastic record)
- Financial need and/or academic achievement
- Commitment to giving back (particularly to supporting other women)
BPW/Raleigh scholarships are not awarded to the same person in two consecutive years. All candidates must submit a completed application.
Each year, the North Carolina Business and Professional Women’s Foundation awards scholarships to deserving women to help them in their pursuit of higher education. The number of scholarships and the value of each may vary from year to year. Click here for more.
What is expected of a BPW/Raleigh Scholarship Recipient?
BPW/Raleigh expects you to give forward and support others in their careers, work with integrity and pursue excellence. We will ask the following of each recipient:
- Attend the Scholarship award dinner in April if possible
- Work with BPW/Raleigh to develop a profile for the our website to highlight your accomplishments and future goals
- Maintain contact with BPW/Raleigh and keep us informed about your career and accomplishments
- Candidates can be female or male and must be currently enrolled (full or part-time) at an accredited college, university, or institution of higher education
- Current high school students are not eligible to apply
- Applicant must reside within the North Carolina counties of Wake, Durham, Orange, or Johnston (but can attend school outside the area
- Applicant should have a career plan after completion of schooling
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need and/or academic achievement
- Applicants may be male or female
- Applicant must be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Applicant must complete an application form provided by the Raleigh BPW Scholarship Committee
- Applicant must submit an official transcript of scholastic record (copy acceptable)
- Applicant must complete two of the four essay questions (no more than 150 words each) as stated on the application form
- Applicant must submit one (1) reference letter on letterhead paper
Completed Applications are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by the listed deadline. The BPW Scholarship Committee will screen all applications. A personal interview may be required. The winner will be notified by phone and presented the award at the BPW/Raleigh dinner meeting in April.
The scholarship will be payable to the school the recipient will attend at the beginning of the Fall term. The scholarship recipient must arrange for bills to be sent to BPW/Raleigh.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
BPW Educational Scholarship Fund Donation Goal
All proceeds go to the Lois Frazier and Mary Fox Educational Scholarship Funds
BPW/Raleigh is a non-profit 501(c)(4) corporation.