BPW/NC and what it does
Established in 1919, BPW/NC promotes equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education, and information. BPW/NC Federation meets several times a year to conduct the business of the organization with a healthy dose of member development, networking and community service. BPW/NC also advocates for legislation that helps working women and their families. Visit their website to find out more.
Mission: To achieve equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education, and information. We strive to empower women to fully achieve their potential.
The North Carolina Federation consists of local clubs around the state. Members of each local club are also a member of BPW/NC.
Benefits of Membership:
- Participate in a community of women who support one another's professional efforts
- Gain knowledge and skills that will enhance your business acumen
- Access to free and discounted events and resources
- Access to our membership directory
BPW/NC is broken into 2 groups: Federation and Foundation.
- BPW/NC Federation is a 501 (c) (6) nonprofit organization with a network of North Carolina women who are committed to achieving full equity for all women in education, government, business and the community. The North Carolina Federation consists of local clubs around the state. Find a BPW/NC local club in your neighborhood!
- BPW/NC Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit with a primary objective to accumulate funds to support BPW/NC Foundation scholarships and programs.
BPW/NC is a member of BPW/USA Foundation, a national organization set up for women and employers. BPW Foundation Fact Sheet.
The State Organization is a member of BPW/USA Foundation
Established in 1956, BPW Foundation became the first foundation dedicated to conducting research and providing information solely about working women. Today, BPW Foundation is transforming workplaces by focusing on issues that impact working women, families and employers.
BPW Foundation Mission:
To empower working women to achieve their full potential and to partner with employers to build successful workplaces through education, research, knowledge and policy.
As neutral conveners, BPW Foundation launched its Successful Workplaces Movement while engaging women, employers and policy makers, to inspire collaboration, create systemic change and expand options for more equitable and flexible workplaces.
To learn more, visit the BPW Foundation website
BPW Foundation Fact Sheet